Truck accidents are often very serious and can cause a lot of damage, so if you have been in one, you’ll want to hire an attorney as soon as possible. In the article below, I’ll outline things an attorney can do for you, which is why it’s important to call one after a truck accident.
How to Find a Truck Accident Attorney?
There are many reasons to call an auto and truck accident lawyer after being involved in an accident with a commercial truck. First, it is important to understand that these accidents are often much more complicated than a typical car accident. There are many regulations that apply to commercial trucking companies and their drivers, and an experienced attorney will know how to navigate the complexities of these regulations.
In addition, truck accident cases often involve multiple parties, including the trucking company, the driver, and the shipper or load owner. An experienced attorney will know how to deal with all the different parties involved and will fight for your rights every step of the way. Finally, trucking companies and their insurance carriers often have vast resources that they can use to defend against claims. A truck accident attorney in Gary will be able to help you with any legal matters that concern your case. An experienced attorney will level the playing field by fighting for the compensation you deserve.
What are the Different Types of Trucking Accidents?
There are many types of trucking accidents, but some of the most common include:
-Rollovers: These occur when a truck’s center of gravity is shifted, causing the vehicle to tip over. This can be caused by speeding, improperly loaded cargo, or even simple driver errors.
-Jackknifes: A jackknife occurs when a truck’s trailer swings out from behind the cab, forming a 90-degree angle. This can be caused by braking too hard or taking a turn too sharply.
-Under-rides: Under-rides happen when a smaller vehicle collides with the back end of a tractor-trailer and gets wedged underneath. These are often deadly, as the impact can crush the roof of the car.
-Head-On Collisions: As you might guess, these occur when the front end of one vehicle hits the front end of another. Head-on collisions are often fatal, due to the tremendous force involved.
If you’ve been involved in any type of trucking accident, it’s important that you contact an experienced attorney right away. Trucking companies and their insurance carriers will often try to downplay the severity of an accident, or even deny responsibility altogether. An experienced attorney will help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries and damages.
The Process of Filing a Claim
If you’ve been in a truck accident, the process of filing a claim may seem daunting. However, an experienced truck accident attorney can help you navigate the process and ensure that your rights are protected.
Here’s a look at the basics of filing a claim after a truck accident:
1. The first step is to notify your insurance company. You should do this as soon as possible after the accident.
2. Your insurance company will then open an investigation into the accident. This will likely involve speaking with witnesses and reviewing the car accident police report.
3. Once the investigation is complete, your insurer will give you a determination of whether they will cover your damages. If they deny coverage, you can appeal the decision or file a lawsuit against the at-fault party.
4. If your insurance company does provide coverage, they will work with you to determine how much they are willing to pay for your damages. This will usually be based on the extent of your injuries and property damage.
5. Once you have reached an agreement with your insurer, they will issue a payment for your damages. If you disagree with the amount they offer, you can negotiate for a higher settlement or take them to court.
6. Finally, once you have received payment from your insurer, you can begin the process of repairing or replacing your damaged property and getting treatment for your injuries
How to Protect Your Rights?
If you’ve been involved in a truck accident, it’s important to understand your rights and how to protect them. Here are four key ways to do that:
1. Understand the insurance process.
2. Get all the facts about the accident from the police report and witnesses.
3. Take photos of the accident scene and any injuries you sustained.
4. Contact a truck accident attorney as soon as possible to discuss your case and protect your legal rights.
Types of Truck Accidents and Injuries
There are many types of truck accidents and injuries that can occur. The most common type of accident is a rear-end collision. This happens when the truck driver does not see the car in front of them and hits them from behind. Rear-end collisions can be very serious and often result in whiplash or other neck and back injuries.
Another common type of accident is a sideswipe collision. This happens when the truck driver tries to change lanes and hits the side of another vehicle. Sideswipe collisions can also be very serious, especially if the truck driver was speeding at the time of the accident.
Rollover accidents are also relatively common, especially with large trucks. These accidents often occur when the truck driver takes a turn too sharply or loses control of the vehicle on a slippery road surface. Rollover accidents can be very dangerous because the occupants of the truck can be ejected from the vehicle or crushed by it as it rolls over.
Head-on collisions are less common but can be just as dangerous as other types of accidents. These usually happen when two vehicles are going in opposite directions and one veers into oncoming traffic. Head-on collisions often result in severe injuries or even death.
If you have been involved in a truck accident in Myrtle Beach, it is crucial to seek the assistance of an experienced truck accident lawyer who can help you navigate the legal complexities of your case. At Jebaily Law Firm, their team of knowledgeable attorneys specializes in truck accident cases and can provide you with the guidance and representation you need. Visit https://www.jebailylaw.com/myrtle-beach/truck-accidents/ to learn more.
After an accident, it can be difficult to know what to do next. You may be feeling overwhelmed and unsure of where to turn. If you’ve been in a truck accident, one of the best things you can do is call a truck accident attorney. Here are 10 reasons why –
- They can help you understand your legal options and rights.
- They can investigate the accident and gather evidence.
- They can negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf.
- They can represent you in court, if necessary.
- They have experience dealing with trucking companies and their lawyers.
- They understand the complexities of these types of cases.
- They will fight for the compensation you deserve.